I spent this morning working hard on a special request quilt top and back for Aussie Heroes and then I had to go out and run some errands. By the time I got home it was time to get dinner ready. After dinner I wanted something easy to sew so I sat down and started working on this new quilt. This is for the Women's Refuge that the Gumnuts are going to give quilts to this year.
I have almost finished the quilt top for a girl and now I am determined to do a top for a boy. I had all these 6 1/2" squares cut out and stashed away and I got them out the other day and picked out seventy to do a quick quilt.
The plan was seven across and ten down - but that was before I decided to add cornerstones and sashing! Hmmm. We are aiming for about 42inches by about 60 for a lap quilt. I think I am going to be unpicking the last two blocks on this row.
That is okay! It means I will have more squares for another quilt!
I haven't put a quilt together using this method before. I had to search out a tutorial on adding sashing for someone who was putting some blocks together for Aussie Heroes and I found this one and I really like it - it seems pretty fool proof to me. I might have to do more quilts this way.
I think I might be working on this again tomorrow night.
Till next time.............happy stitching!