I had a very productive day yesterday. I worked on my 1930's baby quilt and got the centre panel completed which is all disappearing nine patch blocks. After that I spent some time working out what to do down the sides to make it longer. I eventually decided on a row of pin wheels down each side with pale yellow joining it to the centre. I managed to get the squares cut for the pinwheels too and I just can't wait to get them sewn.
I also managed to quilt one of Tarja's quilt and get it trimmed. Next job is to make the binding. I think we are going to use a scrap binding - I just need to work out how much fabric we have to work with for it.
And then I sorted through heaps of the donated fabrics the Gumnuts (my quilt group) has stored in my back room and pulled out some backings and fabric for tops so that we can get started on our next charity project - quilts for a Women's refuge. We have a meeting tomorrow and will get started then. This is just some of the fabrics I need to pack up to take!
I want to encourage you to check out my friend, Sue's blog. She has just spent the last four weeks of so, 8 hours a day, working on a chair that will be given the a school library. It has to be seen to be believed! Do yourself a favour and go check out Sue's blog and her library chair make over - you won't be disappointed!
Oh, and my internet should be back to normal tomorrow - thank goodness. I have still managed to function ok but it has been very haphazard. One minute my emails can get in and out and the next they can't. And I had to catch up on all the blogs I follow (and that is a lot) tonight on my ipad while I sat in the car outside my son's tutor's house!
Till next time...............happy stitching!