....because I have finished my Rainbow Scrap Challenge Quilt! I managed to finish piecing the backing, layer it, quilt it and machine sew on the binding between breakfast and lunch today! After doing my normal drive everywhere Friday bit I managed to finish hand sewing the binding and now it is done! YAY!!!
I raided my scrap binding drawer and dug out anything that I thought would go - added a bit of the backing fabric and sewed it all together.
I pieced the border with adding in some of the purple from the front and a new blue that I bought yesterday. I just didn't have enough or didn't like the other fabrics that I used on the front so had to buy the blue and I am happy with the way it turned out. The main backing is a companion print for the larger blue squares on the front so they tie in nicely together! These fabrics are dated 2000 and 2001 and that would be around when I bought them! Egads! Sometimes it is just not worth thinking about how long a piece of fabric has been in your stash!
And finally my label!
This quilt will be off to the post office on Monday.
On a less positive note i have discovered that one of the reds I was using for Bruce's quilt is not colour fast so before I go any further i have been checking all the others. I have had to throw out the one I discovered - three washes and it was still losing HEAPS of colour - just not worth the risk. The others seem fine. Just means I will have to re-do one star block - grrr - but I can't take the risk as there is a fair bit of white in this quilt!
That will be tomorrow's problem!
Till next time - happy stitching!