Oh boy! I am pooped but in a satisfied-got-a-lot-done way. I have been working hard all day to get as much done for tomorrow as possible. First up I finished the applique on the Teddy Quilt that I told you about in my last post. Or at least I thought I had finished the applique. Would you believe that I found a section that I missed after I had quilted it! Never mind. It think it can be blanket stitched so it should be okay.
Isn't this backing cute! It is from the French General Range from Moda and I love it - not my normal taste in fabric but I just couldn't resist it for the back of this quilt - letters just perfect for a little one to learn them on the back of their quilt.
There was a hole in the quilt but I patched it with a heart.
After I "finished" the applique I started cutting batting and backing for all the quilts. I managed to get two layered and quilted. I wanted to get a couple done so that I can sew the binding on them tomorrow morning and then they will be ready for someone to sit and sew first thing. You can't see the quilting on this but it is all done. I would have liked to do some free motion quilting on these but it would have taken too much time. I am determined to get enough practice soon so I can do better quilting on future charity quilts.
I am really pleased about where we are for tomorrow's bee. All the binding is made,
And all but one of the labels are written and just need to have the hem ironed and have them stitched on
That's it for me now - I might play with a few green scraps till bedtime but that's enough. Hope the weekend has been great for you too. Til next time,