Perfect sewing weather today. Didn't get as much done as I would have liked but I still achieved something. A while ago I started these pot holders which will go to Ireland as part of my contribution for the International Charity Bazaar which my girlfriend is organising. Today was a good day to finish them off. I made a mistake with the first two when I was sewing the binding on. As I like to machine sew the binding on I prefer to sew it first on the back and then fold it over and top sew it down on the front. I think that gives a neater finish. Unfortunately I sewed the first two with the binding on the front to start off with and didn't realise till it was too late. Hmph! Oh well. I sewed the binding down on the back as neatly as I could and determined not the make the mistake on the others!
Every time I show photos of blocks or quilts made using the flower block pattern like in my last post I get at least one request from someone asking for the pattern, I am always really happy to share any pattern that I have made up but I am not sure how to go about things when it is not my pattern so bear with me. The pattern comes from this book from Moose on the Porch Quilts. They have their own blog and a shop I believe. I note they also have a new book out called Simply Charming Fun. I hope that helps anyone interested in the pattern.
Till next time.......happy stitching!