As I explained last night this month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge I am sewing Aussie fabric scraps. Last night after I had posted I had just enough time to do a little more sewing so I grabbed some more the of my Aussie scraps and this is what I ended up with. Kookaburras on the front and back.
It is not big - you can see it perched on top of my sewing machine for scale. The extra little bit of teal at the top (and also at the bottom which you might not be able to see) of one panel was the only way i could make the fabric stretch far enough to make the bag. I think it is the perfect size to carry a few hexagons for a take along project maybe. I still have to add the draw strings of course.
Pink and grey galahs on one side
and sulphur crested on the other.
I lined it with cream grevillea fabric....and my label.
I think this will go with the things that are heading to Ireland. I am not sure till I start to pack stuff up.
Tonight we watched another riveting movie - "310 to Yuma". Another western - yawn! I stayed in the room to be sociable but while lovely husband and sons sat on sofas and chairs I sat at the kitchen table and used the rotary cutter and ruler to use up some scraps. I have cut some more bags out and a few pot holders and a bunch of 4 1/2 and 2 1/2" squares.
That's it for me tonight - till next time.happy stitching!